- Website of the Reserved Designations and Added-Value Claims Board (CARTV), which provides all the necessary information on the Act Respecting Reserved Designations and Added-Value Claims, the programs we administer and the latest information on the organic agri-food sector in Quebec.
- Website of the National Organic Program, the U.S. equivalent of the CAQ, which oversees the production and marketing of organic products in the United States - a must if you want to export products to the U.S.
- Website of the Organic Material Review Institute, which lists the inputs allowed for organic production in the United States. The information is provided in English only and the products listed may not be available or permitted in Canada.
- La Revue Aube - A magazine that offers solutions to the challenges faced by society.
- La Guilde des herboristes - A non-profit organization that unites professionals and devotees of herbal and medicinal plants.
Education and/or Information
- Agri-réseau - Their organic section aims to provide you
with fast and up-to-date information on agri-food. This section is
devoted to organic products.
- Canadian Organic Growers - The COG is an organization dedicated to the exchange of information on organic agriculture, uniting gardeners and farmers.
- English website which provides information on pesticides and their effects on health and the environment.
Health Canada web site includes a list of approved GMO products. It is precious information for those wishing to avoid them.
- Réseau d’avertissement phytosanitaire - Information site
for Quebec agri-food producers and other stakeholders on the presence
and evolution of crop pests in their region and the most appropriate
intervention strategies in an integrated crop management and sustainable
- La Semaine Verte Weekly issue on topics touching on
agri-food. Several reports are available in the archives, some of which
relate to organic production.
- CRAAQ - a centre whose mission is to contribute to the
development of agricultural and agri-food sectors in terms of technology
transfer and dissemination of technical and scientific knowledge.
- La Sourcière, Nancy Meigs, Cheesemaker - teaches courses
on the making of cheese, bread, lacto-fermented vegetables, medicinal
herbs transformation and the making of artisinal soap. 819 751-5151
- Website of the Independent Organic Inspectors Association, an association of voluntary inspectors dedicated to the verification of world-wide organic production.
- Drinking water, official list of accredited laboratories in accordance with the standards and requirements of the accreditation program of analytical laboratories (ACAP) (in french only)
- Research and analysis, Berger’s laboratories have set the standard for versatile research and
analysis services. They are widely known for quality work and reliable
results. Their professional scientists conduct microbiological analyses,
as well as analyses of water quality, nutritive solutions, substrate,
leaf tissues, and the physical properties of substrates.
Organizations and Association
- Équiterre - Équiterre's mission is to help build a
citizens' movement by promoting individual and collective choices which
are environmentally as well as socially responsible. It contains
information on the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Did
you know that you can join the Community Supported Agriculture network
without being part of the organic food basket program? We invite you to
participate so that you can offer your produce and join other farmers
who share their harvest through these organic food baskets. For more
information, please contact Isabelle Joncas at Équiterre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GreenPeace – A group that no longer needs to prove that
the peaceful struggle against environmental degradation produces
countless results. This worldwide organization is known for its stand on
environmental issues and advocates non-violence. GreenPeace is a
non-profit organization which campaigns strongly against the use of
- Union Paysanne – An agricultural union that seeks to defend rural agriculture and human dimension. - www.unionpaysanne.com and www.quebecbio.com promote farming and local organic food and inform us of different events, uniting certified organic producers and processors.
- Organic Agriculture and Biodiversity Conservation – The Association Intelligence Verte shows us how the rediscovery of ancient plants and organic agriculture contribute to the preservation of biodiversity.
- The website of the Fédération d'agriculture biologique du Québec (FABQ)
unites more than 200 organic farmers and includes interesting
descriptions of several industries as well as projects in progress.
- Website of the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements, an organization dedicated to the development, unification and support of organic production in all its diversity.
- Semencier du Patrimoine - A non-profit organization of
gardeners who produce and preserve traditional varieties of seeds with
the intent of preserving their genetic heritage.
- Organic seeds - Frederic Sauriol, La Ferme de Bullion; email@example.com; Certified Organic since 1999; Organic Fruits and Vegetables, Baskets from the farm, seeds, conferences. http://www.semencesbio.ca
- La Société des plantes - A catalogue of a hardy variety
of seeds, or, for those interested in the beauty of plants, ethnobotany,
living heritage, cuisine or "Slow-Food".
- The directory for agricultural consulting services contains organic agriculture references for the transition plan, the organic crops management plan, the organic livestock production plan and the implementation of organic certification.